View Single Post
Old 04-04-2001, 09:09 AM
vettn

I just replace my passanger side rear bearing on my 94. I took everything apart and went to my local parts place to have them press the old bearing out and the new one in. But they said I'd have to wait till next week, cause they didn't have time. So I went back home and pounded the old bearing out with a hammer (Pretty easy to do) and tapped the new one in. The grease that comes with the bearing is definitely not wheel bearing grease. Besides, there is not enough of it in there. I took the new bearings apart completely. I even took the rollers out. Cleaned the untill they were nice and free of the packing grease. I regreased them with Synthetic wheel bearing grease, put the rollers back on the plastic holder, greased that whole thing up, and then put the bearing back together. I put as much grease in there as I could (The extra amount of grease comes out when you press the bearings in the hub). It only took me about 2 hours from start to finish. The tapping of the bearing back in took most of that time (Have to be carful when doing that). Now the car rides totally different. I think I might want to do the other side next week).