View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko

With the one comment I highlighted in my previous post, in addition to what you say here, I got an impression that you felt you were treading in HP territory where no one else has been. I was just commenting on that aspect of your post.
That is correct. I do think I am treading in HP territory where no one else has been in an svx. If you really must compare our first test run with what elninoalex ran please don't try to do so by using et time. Power can not be accurately calculated by et..not even in comparing runs of the same car. Inferences on horsepower are propperly made from changes in trap speed. That's the # I'll be looking at for improvement in after the changes we are making before our next run. Those #'s should for the most part only be used to track differences due to tuning changes on the same car but if you want to compare power output with other cars trap speed is still the # to use. Changes in ET will of course be affected by power output but also include the ability to put that power to the ground and thus are not reliable indicators of hp...not even between runs of the same car. I had some serious difficulties with getting that power to the ground. The changes in et time will mostly reflect improvements in power transfer to the pavement. As we've been discussing in the thread (which lead to all these #'s being thrown around) the trap speed I got in the test run is indicative of the power output I expected from the test run while the et time is both lower than expected and lower than would be expected by the trap speed result. Come on these #'s are from a gtech I'm not going to come on here and say the et is 100% off while the trap speed is 100% on...I wouldn't do that. I don't have the answers yet as to which # from the gtech measurement is off by how much; however, if the fact that the power output was high enough to smoke all 4 of my brand new 225 40 18 pirelli p zero nero m+s tires mounted on 8" wide roh wheels isn't a clear enough indicator to you that it was higher than that of the car you are mentioning you'll just have to take my informed seat of the pants feelings, or wait for the results of future test runs after I get traction worked out, or wait for the results of the dyno tuning, or wait for the results of true 1/4 mile runs at morosso after the dyno tuning to be convinced.

I want to point out for elninoalex that it wasn't me bringing your car into this comparisson and I feel bad about having to mention it repeatedly in this discussion. If you're running low 14's that's awesome--the best that's been done until now (come on now you can resist chiming in about your stripped down 2900 ounce low budget racecar, you know who you are and that it doesn't count in this comparison