View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 12:11 PM
The One

Send a message via AIM to mranderson
Quote:
Originally posted by deruvian

For your valiant efforts to create an attractive aftermarket for the SVX, I do hope that you stay in business.

BTW - I performed a few 0-60 estimation calculations for the SVX (assuming stock curb weight of 1623.85kg, and a 6% margin for error in the calcuations).

Stock AWD SVX - 230hp: 0-60 in 7.40 seconds (close enough to actual).

AWD SVX w/ stage 2 (assuming a 130hp gain at the flywheel with NOS) - 360hp: 0-60 in 4.73 seconds (obviously a little extreme).

AWD SVX w/ stage 3 (assuming a 40% power gain at the flywheel, as discussed earlier in this thread) - 322hp: 0-60 in 5.29 seconds (perhaps slightly extreme, but feasible).

I know someone will try to castrate me for these numbers, but they are calculated via an equation for 0-60 time estimation. The initial equation yielded an inadequate estimation for a stock SVX (of which we know the real 0-60 time). Therefore, I applied a 6% positive margin of error into the equation to correct subsequent calcuations.
does this calculation take into acount gear ratios and if it does could you do it with 4.44? thanks.

By the way those numbers make me want to scream out like a little school girl with excitement.