View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Cavaliers have always been dogs compared to neons... neons can run high 15s without any mods whatsoever.
We've been over this one already...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...5&pagenumber=2

In that thread I noted that Car&Driver did not find the neon to be faster than the cavalier. Not even close really. Automobile Magazine found a comparable separation between the newer iterations of the cars...

So I don't quite see where you get that from.

Quote:
As for neon paint, that was 2 colors, the factory messed up... lapis blue, and white..both of which were not applied correctly for the first year or so.
Paint is a very tricky thing, very few companies are without their screwups in this area...Black GM paint from 1992-1996 was absolutely miserable. They switced to a new violet base and it's a dream now...though if you compare GM's newer black to just about any other black under a fluorescent light, it will appear very dark blue. Kinda neat I think.

Quote:
Nice body lines, UNLIKE the saturns, which have horrid bodylines. GM designers..... oh yeah.
Subjective comment...can't really argue about this cause you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I agree with most of the others in this thread...the neon has never been an attractive car in my eyes, and Saturns, though not the greatest looking vehicles out there, are at least attractive. The sales numbers seem to agree with that sentiment.