View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 07:21 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

Why do we own these interesting cars?

Having had my fair share of motorcycles- large American twins are a particular favourite, there was a simple response to that painful question when people asked why do you own one of those....the answer was: if I have to explain, then you will never understand. It is about the feel of the machine and your attitude towards it.

The SVX was created as a GT, for long loping runs on open stretches of road (bendy preferably). So it is a bit weighty- BIG DEAL. I have really never found the SVX wanting for heaps more power or anything for that matter. I will agree there are a few annoying little traits that the car has, but they are not enough to stop me buying one second hand.

My belief is that the SVX represents fantastic value for money. Just tell a seasoned M3 driver or similar how much the SVX fetches second hand after they have put it through its paces, and I can assure you they are generally very impressed. I agree with James- the man is a first class clown who has not done his homework.

I have never driven in a car that has returned so much driving pleasure as the SVX. I too have had quite a few QLD runs and returns to Sydney- and many times to the snow country and unless you have driven one of these on an icey road, through some real twisty bits (Harrietville to Hotham, Dinner Plain and beyond in full winter snow) well... if I have to explain, then you will never really understand anyway! Cheers everyone, let's keep it the best kept secret. Mark.