View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Could you please tell me what is so unreliable/horribly designed on the neon? They are extremely reliable, in fact, I've had to do more maintenence on my SVX than I have had to do on my neon.
Hey man, i've had to do more maintenance on Mandi's SVX than i've had to do on ANY single car EVER. Go figure.

I don't really want to get into another "everyone i know with a neon" argument, so i'm going to stay out of it and just say by my experience and the experience of those around me, the neon has not shown itself to be a dependable car.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Ditto. I wouldn't buy a saturn, some of their powerplants are still using only 2 valves per cylinder!

- Rob
Yeah can you believe it? How dare they use engines that are powerful, great on gas, and so simple in design that they can still be fixed by your grandfather in his garage! Someone needs to do something about this!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
I have to agree with Chicane on this point. From talking to owners of SVX's and reading many reviews & long-term tests by magazines, the SVX isn't an unreliable car, but owners of Neons and Saturns have far fewer problems...and when they do have problems, it's a cheap fix!

-Chike
I can't even tell you the number of saturns i've seen that have 200,000 or more miles and have never even had the engine touched for anything more than routine maintenance. Three of my good friends all have cars that fit that description as daily drivers. They honestly are very dependable long lasting cars. Not that the SVX has tons of engine problems...actually it's the rest of the car that's the problem. Mandi's enigine has endured heavy heavy use and given her no problems. But everything else is breaking.