View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
. Perhaps the people that bought redlines have owned neons before and know better than to buy another one.
Could you please tell me what is so unreliable/horribly designed on the neon? They are extremely reliable, in fact, I've had to do more maintenence on my SVX than I have had to do on my neon. They had a headgasket DESIGN fault in 1995, when the car debuted. The headgasket was too thin in one area, and when the aluminum head and iron block cooled off, it would fail. They redesigned the headgasket, and made it out of a different material, the new gasket called an MLS (multi layered steel) gasket. This was installed in all 1997.5 and up neons. The new MLS gaskets DO NOT FAIL. So seriously, what's up? I know tons of people who beat the living crap out of their neons, and they don't fail. Heck, I beat mine pretty hard. I know guys who installed turbo kits on 110k engines, and it works great! Neons running 13s naturally aspirated with only bolt ons! Neons in the 12s with nitrous , and even deeper with turbos! And, I'd like to point out that neons did EXTREMELY EXTREMELY well at the GRM 2004 dollar challenge. One ran a 13.0, and the other ran a 13.5..... in the autocross, a neon placed THIRD, and both neons finished a pretty high ranking, one in the top 10, the other only one spot better than the SVX that competed.... so seriously, could you back up your statements please?

- Rob