View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: The 10th Anniversary Meet Neon Sign

Quote:
Originally posted by blackbolt94red

I put that sign together and brought it to the LaFayette meeting in 2002. I bet someone has a pic of the sign with the 3rd signature on it. The Big Guy himself, Mr. Nagano, President and CEO of SIA. He was also in charge of SVX production while at FHI. He signed it low and in the center of the sign. The glass color of the SVX letters is called Ruby Red. I lost touch with the guy who bent the glass for me. Someone was going to come up with some sort of vinyl graphic for the upper part of the arc.

Its a cool sign guys. It can either be hung on a wall or in a window, or will free stand on its own on a shelf.

Its truly a one of a kind, there will never be another like it (unless someone else in this crowd is a neon bender) and I have lost the neon pattern itself. And as I said I lost track of the fellow who did the bending for me. I laid out the patterns, bombarded the glass, cut and laid the vinyl and did the wiring. Runs on standard 110V house current.

Been off the network for a while, long distance commute for about a year but retirement is now my middle name so will be here more often if I'm welcome. Wish I could do the Reading Meet but just can't.

Bruce
Bruce... as no one else has welcomed you back... I would like to just take a second and say that anyone that would take something on themselves as you did with the legendary neon SVX sign (I can't believe I just put neon and SVX in the same sentence..... ) Is more than welcome back. I look forward to your exchanges as I was a late commer (2001 dec) and missed the building of the net here... You should be and IMHO are one of the legends of this site.

GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .

Last edited by svxcess; 05-23-2021 at 08:10 AM.