Thread: Modifying...
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 04:39 AM
MisanthropyV

Well. Here's the news.

It is definately feasible if you have a spare $12,000 - $15,000. I have some mates in the business, and I'm gonna see what they can do it for.

Confirmed. Running a WRX turbo at about 12PSI would increase the power by about 80%, (intercooled of course), putting me over the 300kw at the wheels, but getting the turbo isn't the problem. It's the making of the manifold and pipes that's gonna cost the big'ns. About $6000 big, including the price of the intercooler and labor. Turbo goes for between $2000 and $3500, depending on what you want. The ECU would probably have to be made, which can be done, but also costs about $2000. I could on the other hand buy a Motec, but they cost about $2500 just to hold, and then you have to install it. There are more costs too, such as wastegates, blow-off valves, and gauges, putting the price way over the limit.

The guys are looking for an ECU for me, and if they are able to find one at a better price, and I can get my mates to build the pipes, then I'll be going ahead with it. We'll see...

...THEN ontop of all that you have to get it DYNO tuned. The injectors should be big enough to put out 430bhp.

I may just start looking for a stroker kit or something...my wallet is only soo big.