View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 06:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Check out the transfer assemble.

Quote:
Originally posted by oab_au
Well done Nick, did you have a look at the transfer valve assemble to see if it is stuck, or has some other trouble, that would cause the problem. There are two spool valves, one regulates the pilot pressure that the C solenoid bleeds off, the other is the transfer valve, that bleeds off the line pressure that goes to the clutch. See if they or the C solenoid are stuck.

Something has to cause the problem. I don't think it is the clutch plates being worn, as they will keep working down to the metal.

Harvey.
I haven't really examined the transfer valve assembly that well, although I suspect a problem with the solenoid itself since the car was storing a fault code.

I know the clutches were working fine, but they had 150k miles on them, so I figured I should replace them while I was in there.

PS I'd like to give a shout out to Doug for advising me to 'put the car in neutral' when I couldn't turn the prop shaft.

Of course, he's still a pansy for saying, 'I can't believe you're doing that yourself. I wouldn't.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 04-12-2004 at 06:43 PM.