View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 05:07 PM

Not much of anything to update, just didn't want you who have helped so much think I'd fallen off the end of the world.

I can't afford the FSM right now so I ordered over the net the ATSG (Automatic Transmission Service Guide) put out by ATRA (Automatic Transmission Rebuilder's Association) for $20.

Until that comes in I will be holding off doing anything more so I don't make things any worse than they are now. I drive in "3" until I get to a steady speed of 45/50 )whatever traffic is doing) then shift into "D" - as a means of minimizing any potential damage.

BTW, The guide is supposed to contain plain english info on pressure readings at idle, fast idle and WOT, diagnostic routines, and diagrams/text for a rebuild, etc. Guess I'll see in a few days if I wasted $20.

Only thing is I leave Sunday for a two week training course in Virginia - hope the book comes in time for me to take it with me to study. The training site claims to have internet access so at least I can keep up to date on the forum.

So, don't expect anything much from me for weeks.

Last edited by lee; 04-12-2004 at 05:10 PM.