View Single Post
Old 11-05-2001, 03:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Lightbulb Road and Track Online

I remember a while back, there was an effort to upload the Road and Track book to the Net. Was this successful? I seem to remember that it was in the region of 300mB or something.

Suggestion:
(if it is already up, then ignore the following!)

The vast majority of us on here are Yahoo members. As such, we can access Geocities (like a number of our individual sites) with 15mB each.

If each of us, who was willing, uploaded say 4 (example) pages from Road and Track and linked to each other, we could spread the whole book across a number of members....and since we could organise it centrally (the geocities page formatting), the only was that anyone would know that you had moved to a different site would be to look at the web address.

A similar thing is done with, of all things, a Lego site...every manual, ever, has been scanned, in colour, and uploaded....a huge volume of information but it has been spread across the members....much the same way as the Net operates.

I suggest this since I am faced with uploading the 200 pages of the S23A manual....mucho space taken up!

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!