View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 12:52 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
i don't have a straight pipe through my resonator i have a rattly one
however i have heard svx's with a straight pipe through there and it sounds raspy to me
i think a couple people have had success at replacing it with a cherry bomb glass pack and not have any noticable change

on my impreza, i have a full cat back custom exhaust system with no resonator, it's 2.25" pipe the entire way back, and the car is much faster than with the stock 1.75" pipe and resonator through the entire powerband, it also has an aftermarket muffler on it as well... and the car is loud, very loud, it sets of car alarms...
what does this have to do with the svx resonator you ask?
my suggestion would be if your going to have it into the exhaust shop have them replace the entire pipe from the cat to the muffler while they're under there, shouldn't cost much more, mine came to 60 dollars total and that was including mounting and hanging and welding in the SS muffler. i went to a minekee however where i was recomended because of one of the guys working there

i have been back since and found that pennsylvania has passed laws disallowing the change of exhaust by a shop from what was on there at all, if it has a muffler here and here it needs one when they're through if it has a cat here and here it needs one here and here when they're done.