View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 01:57 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVX26517
Some nascar races like bristol are alright, because theres lots of wrecks and a bigger chance of someone getting hurt
That's what I can't take about NASCAR - the focus on the wrecks. I actually did catch about fifteen minutes of the first NASCAR truck race, because I knew the Toyota teams qualified really well. Almost immediately there was a huge accident, involving about 20 cars.

They milked the hell out of that accident, showing it from every friggin' angle possible.

And that's where I left it, because for the rest of the time I was watching, they were busy cleaning it all up, replaying the crash twenty or thirty times, analyzing who hit who and such.

NASCAR cultivates wrecks intentionally. I know NASCAR fans like it, but I don't. If the trade-off for so many lead changes is such a focus, you can have it. When somebody passes for the lead in F1, it friggin' means something, man. It's not just because the rules make sure that nobody has an advantage over anybody else.

I will say that I thought it was cool seeing the teams trying to resurrect some of those mangled cars. Although, while all those cars are slowly turning laps under yellow (which still only took them, what, 30 seconds a lap?), how many laps down were those guys in the pits?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE