View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 02:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Someone broke into my SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100

I used to work at a car auction...you would be amazed at the ways people's vehicles would be creatively opened. The most common I've seen is the obvious slimjim, or break a side window. Other's included cutting battery terminals so alarms no longer function, and my favorite, the rear window pry. For those that have never seen this, someone will take a large screwdriver/crowbar and pry the edge of the rear window until it shatters. Unfortunately because almost all rear windows are coated the glass sticks to the coating and can be simply lifted off the car in one piece.

Bast@rds!

Ryan
I used to have a Toyota pickup and the side window just behind the passenger door was removed from it with a crowbar once. The stereo (an inexpensive Kenwood CD player) was removed in much the same way, but with far more damage.

The worst part (even worse than having no music for three hours) was that I found the truck like this in the parking lot of the Amtrak station in Albany - three hours from home on a February night. It was about 15degF that night. I drove the whole way home yelling obscenities as I shivered.

I never got the stereo replaced - I just had the gaping hole until I bought the SVX that October.

I had had that truck since my junior year in high school, and it was the first vehicle I had the title to. It was my friend. I've never felt so violated as when I saw that window (intact - the only good news) laying there and realized that someone else - a stranger - had been where only I was allowed.

Of course, that was the second time the truck had been broken into. The first time was to steal my CB, antenna, the change in the tray and my Reese's Pieces. Bastards. They left the Fritos, though.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE