View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 01:10 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Someone broke into my SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by nvrmore100

I used to work at a car auction...you would be amazed at the ways people's vehicles would be creatively opened. The most common I've seen is the obvious slimjim, or break a side window. Other's included cutting battery terminals so alarms no longer function, and my favorite, the rear window pry. For those that have never seen this, someone will take a large screwdriver/crowbar and pry the edge of the rear window until it shatters. Unfortunately because almost all rear windows are coated the glass sticks to the coating and can be simply lifted off the car in one piece.

Bast@rds!

Ryan
I was very impressed with the gentlemanly manner in which the SOB got into my former Suzuki Sidekick to steal the recently installed Kenwood Mask unit: He unzipped the rear window (it was a convertible), stepped up on the rear bumper and unlocked the passenger's side door. Then, RIPPED the radio out. I found blood on the broken surround, so, I at least had the satisfaction of knowing he'd cut himself. It also pissed me off that the radio would be useless to him, since he did not know the security code. Oh well.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI