View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 07:58 PM
One teal and One yellow

Re: :) Aredubjay: Unplugged

So Randy, you are saying that you just had a new engine oil changed because of probably over-tighting a non-oem gasket on the oil drain plug? lucky you, you found out that... otherwise, you might fry your machine...your machine just had a new oil changed and should have a long life to go.. if you were at traffic jams and the nut fell off...your dashboard should respond you the engine oil light on, right??? unless you don't know and don't read your warning light....

i have a similar experience....make it short, my altima se's oil filter was fallen down at one nite after i started my engine... how did i know? a lot of liquid like pepsi(because it was raining and mixed with rain) coming out under my engine and after that i found a nissan filter on the floor. ??? And My engine oil warning light was on after i started my engine!! surely couldn't start my engine again!!! no engine oil in there!!! the reason was my dealership installed a 1.6 sentra oil filter on my 2.4 alitma engine?? too small!!! the manager apologized to me and promised to take responsibility and had my engine fully checked by computers and gave me a new oil change again. i felt the difference in btwn a big company and a small garage!!

good thing was i found out very soon else i might fry my engine!! so i don't know what did i learn?? ... but if i will be more careful on buying parts....

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05