View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 03:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ding N' Prayer
Your best bet is to remove the brake line and take the caliper to the shop. My guess is that yout brake fluid is really dark. That means rust in the system. Check both sides to see that they are operating properly or you may have rebuild both(I recommend this because if one goes the other is not far behind). I may be easier cheaper to replace both with rebuilt "loaded"(comes with everything new, pads,clips,seals) calipers. The dealer won't carry this but a Beck Arnly dealer will I think even a NAPA dealer will. Stay away from Pep Boys or any large chain they sell garbage. Before you install flush your system with clean fluid (this may take a few jars) of good quality (DOT 3 or higher). you don't need expensive high performance fluid, that's for racing purposes and silicone fluid may deteriorate any rubber seals in the system. Note to all Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years or when you can't see the shadow of your finger through the resevoir. By design the fluid is like a sponge for moisture. Even a can half full on the shelf will collect moisture over a short amount of time. Sorry it's a little long winded, just sharing my experiences.

'92 Teal LS-L Sold to North Carolinaians!
1972+'73 BMW 2002 tii('72) someday I'll finish restoring them,...someday (for sale)