Thread: oh man, why me.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 06:57 AM
craigk

dash going nuts

I've been having a related problems? I noticed it started with the ABS, I'd be backing up in the snow, or putting on the brakes on slippery surfaces, and the electric power would have major fluctuations and I would hear it over the speakers. Stereo cutting out and popping noises. Then the car wouldn't open up once and more noises were coming over the speakers when I opened the door. Plus it wouldn't start hardly at all at that time and all the dash lights were flashing, specifically the P/S and ABS. Then when I did get it started it wouldn't run very well, though it cranked well enough. And as I tried to drive it home the P/S kept turning off and on and the lights kept flashing. though it self corrected for a few miles. I've tested the alternator at Murrays, 3 times in a row and it checked out good. I suspected it would since I never lost battery charge. I'm suspecting a short circuit in one of the major relays such as the ABS or P/S power relays. Anyone else ever heard of these weird symptoms?