View Single Post
Old 10-22-2001, 09:25 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Angry Someone broke into my SVX

We awoke to the sound of a car horn honking over and over last night around midnight. We live on the second story of an apartment complex and usually I park pretty close to under our bedroom window. Not sure how long the alarm was going, but by the time I roused myself out of bed and made my way to the window it had stopped and all the cars below seemed fine. No one was around either. At that point I was still not sure it was my car alarm and since none of the cars were flashing lights I assumed it was someone else's and they had shut it off. Thought I saw the interior lights on in my car, but could've been the street light and I didn't feel like getting dressed and going all the way down there. Well about six hours later I went down to drive to work and from the back I could see the interior lights still on and the green glow around the ignition. Discovered the driver's side door was only half shut, that's why the lights were still on. I was able to open the door without hitting the remote and then popped the trunk to see if anything was gone, lifted it and the alarm went off again! So everything was locked and armed, I didn't leave the door ajar like that. Besides, I hadn't drove it for a day and half so the lights/battery would have been dead by then. So it was confirmed someone had broken in last night. Nothing missing, no damage, even the battery was fine with it's six hour workout. The alarm did its job! Just wish I had been quicker out of bed to see the guy! Ah the joys of living in an apartment complex.

So this brings up a good topic, any one have any experiences with this on their SVX? I'm wondering how they got it open so easy, not even a scratch on the door or window. And the power locks work fine, I had always been told that a slim jim can ruin power door locks, the security at the mall I used to work at would refuse to help people with power door locks who locked their keys in. Anyway, glad they didn't get anything or cause any damage. Just a topic for thought today.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...