View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 07:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
What gas "grade" are we talking about here? CA only gets 91, and that is pathetic comparing to what you guys in other states have. That might be one factor that greatly affects milage.

I know in UK, there are even higher octane numbers, at least back in Kazakhstan we had up to 98. (although kazakhstan not nearly close to UK, i am just guessing here) That is some rocket fuel, lol.

Well, here is my quick randown. I go surfing twice or three times a week. That is 100 miles roundtrip with elevation gain of 2000 feet in 20 miles back and forth. So total gain of 4000 feet a trip. Three surfing trips....... that is all i can fit in it, 300 miles + school trips, about 330 - 340 on average. The light comes on when about 15 - 15.5 gallons used up. Do the math... 22 MPG.

Comparing to my dads outback. Same exact scenario. Although I am able to fit almost 4 trips. And from what i calculated he gets 24 - 25 on average. So..... unfortunatelly SVX has to stay home for those days.... or go to my dads work.

sad... sad... I haven't seen a single person on svx at the coast yet....except for me...

nik
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

Alternative Ways of getting around
2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9