View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 02:32 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by upnygimp

350 HP, somewhere around there in Tq in an engine package that weighs within 100 lbs of the original. Trust me, these cars are quick with 112 HP. 350 pushes it to extreme.

I wouldn't worry. This thing will fly. And you may just read about it in a magazine sometime next year.
Are you trying to say that a Northstar V-8 weighs only a 100 pounds more than the origional 4 cylinder??? I think it would be a little more than that... Not to mention when you start driving these things aggressivly, you have to know how a Mid engined car will react to your inputs... A car that has an extra (I'll call it about 2 times what you said...) 200lbs in the rear than Toyota meant for it to have is gonna have some interesting handling caricteristics... I don't own one but have done quite alot of work on my freind's since he didn't know jack about them and didn't want to learn... I just don't think I would put a V-8 in that little body...

PS I can't spell to save my life...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...