Thread: Flying the SVX!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2001, 07:00 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Flying the SVX!

Hay dad? Did you jump the SVX today?
No son I don’t do that any more. It was a mistake.
Dad the SVX is not made to be jumped.
Well I know that now! It is very obvious. The SVX should not be jumped. It is a heavy car.
Dad, you know that bump is pretty big.
My car isn’t as fast, dad, as the SVX and heck I get about two feet of air when I go over it.
How high do you think you were in the SVX?
I really don’t know. I could not see the ground from where I was sitting, only the tree tops were visible over the hood.
How fast do you think you were going dad? My car usually hits it at about 30?
I am really not sure son.
Dad I think that you were doing about 60. That is what I estimate if you floored it after you turned onto the road. The SVX is a lot faster than my car.
Well son I think I floored it before I took the corner and I think your estimate is close.
Dad, why did you jump the SVX?
I thought I would try it but I thought it was not going to go that high.
Dad? What left the scrape marks in the road?
The exhaust pipes up by the engine, son.
There are two scrap marks dad.
Yes son there are two exhaust pipes.
But dad why are the marks so long? They must be two feet long each and side by side each other.
Well son the way I figure it. The pipes kept the rest of the car off the ground, kind of held it up.
Dad? Please don’t jump the SVX anymore. Okay? Okay son.
Dad? How come the car rides rougher now? I think at least one of the rims is bent son.
Do you have to get new rims again that are round? Yes son or find someone that fixes them.
Did you blow out the struts dad? No the struts are fine.
Why is the car making noises over bumps dad? Son, I think I may have broken something else.
Dad, jump the mountain bike not the SVX okay? Yes son.