View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 04:22 AM

Re: Rain X

Quote:
Originally posted by red95svx
I loved the Rain X that you added to your washer fluid......every time you washed the windshield another coat of Rain X was applied. You could do this even if it was already raining. The stuff worked great but I can't find it any more

David

p.s I've seen the "wiper wings" that add downforce when driving at high speeds. The local parts shops sell them pretty cheap.
DOn't mean to sound over simplistic but Walmart seems to always have this washer fluid. I use to use it but I noticed it left spots on my paint where it shoots out of the sprayers. anything that leaves spots isn't GOOD. Rain X does say "Do not apply to paint".
So I stopped and just USe RainX.. Used it for many many many years now and For people like me who can't see worth beans at night, when it's raining.. TRUST RainX keeps you safe..

Bon Ami is old Secret for removing rather stubborn deposite, like left over wiper residue that builds up. but it won't fully desolve a mineral I don't think. Bon ami has many uses.. It also helps that the Wiper blades themselves are Cleaned well. ALcohol followed by Either a product called Wiper restor, OR Slick stick works Very well. ALL this can be found at some Wal marts. Gota love that place.
Slick stick I think was made for dealers. If you can find it, buy a few. maybe 2 bucks..
you'll like it.. Does exactly what it sounds like. Makes them slick quite ( no stubbling) and GOOD as new.

One post mentioned that his wipers just spread the water around... um, ya either need some NEW ones or the blade is dirty and oxidized.. Rubber gets old and crappy.

CLR on your paint? I dunno about that one now.CLR on the glass makes sense. NOT on paint though.. Acid rain Etches paint over time.. GO to a detailer there is a large assortment of chemicals they use to polish it all out..

The greatest Paint I have seen is Emron. If I could find a correct color match and IF it would take some Mica flake or whatever it is.. Trust it would possibly end OUR Chipping hoods. It always looks "WET". Hard to scratch. and no it is not cheap.
but hey you won't have to ever paint it again.
Emron is used or was used on a lot of aircrafts. so it was made to withstand Extreme conditions.
Best to find someone who has used Emron before.. cause it's a bit different.

Just my 2 cents.
SVX1999

BTW 90mph in the rain. um the SVX is wonderfull in the rain, if you got GOOD tires. NO matter how good of a tire, standing water, and 90 mph.. hmm sounds like a BOAT to me.