View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 01:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
Just talking out loud here....

The purpose of the limit switches - stop the motor once they're tripped, otherwise there will be a chance of overtravel. In our cases, the motor does know when to stop, at least that's the case in my car. If the limit switch is bad, then the motor would stop halfway (thinking that it's reached the destination) or even try to force the seat belt mechanism past the stopping point. I don't think you're experiencing that, right?

Question:
Why do we have to open the door before shutting the IGN off in order to have the seat belt get out of the way?

The system works beautifully when the IGN is on but hap hazardly when the IGN is off. If you're looking at your circuit book, see where the power to the motor is originating during these two instances. I don't think it's anything big as the computer. If it was, then the entire seat belt system wouldn't work. My passenger side works fine as far as I know.

On a side note, relays do have issues with contacts burning/corroding due to high cycles. It's always a good idea to replace relays once they've reached a certain life cycle (years, heat/cooling cycles, humidity, etc).

On a totally unlreated topic, last night I found my spare tire floating in the trunk! Guess what I'm doing tonight!

Ali

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E