View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Loki

Angry My car stalled, now it wont even start.

I was driving up I-55 to St. Louis when my cruise acted like it cut out for a second, it kicked back after a second or two. Then like 2 minutes later, it cut out again, resumed, I thought I must of hit the brake or something when it just cut out and didnt resume, I realized that I lost any power that I had. I coasted to the side of the road. I sat for a minute and tried to start it again, but nothing. It acted like it caugut 3 or 4 times but quickly died again before coming to a idle. So I get out into the rain and a cold night, check all my fluids, they all seem ok, but I cant check my ATF (car wasnt running). I had it towed 80 miles to the Suby dealer in St. Louis. Wait till the next morning and it acts like there is NO gas, it just sits there cranking with no catch. I just filled it up w/93 earlier that night. I had a similar problem a while back (never stalled, but it was doing the same thing where it wouldn't start) and removing the aftermarket alarm fixed it. I dont know the history of my car, it could be a flood/salvage title but the title I recieved was normal, and the previous owner bought it from a dealer. I appreciate ANY help that all of you can give me as the dealer will call me tomorrow w/their "estimate". If any of you remember the last time I had this problem the dealer hooked it up to the scope and they said that like it gave out 10 codes from knock sensors to something else. A hour later they were sure that it wasnt the knock sensors, could it be my ECU? my fuel pump? or just some random electrical problem? I would like to know something by monday when they call, so ANY help that all of you can help me is GREATLY appreicated. If I cant afford this car I'm going to have to get a Focus or something and we all know that it would be a shame, so please help.

Thanks

Todd

Last edited by Loki; 11-16-2003 at 10:02 AM.