View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 06:20 PM
red95svx

My guess is that you cannot swap the computers......without some work. They did change them a little here and there, and it wasn't just the software that got changed. For example, when I needed to know where my speed sensor wire was in my 95, I looked at a 1992 service manual thinking it would be the same. Nope. That wire connects to the computer in completely different spots in 92 and 95. It also had a different color! So, not only would you have to find out what EVERY wire coming out of your 92 SVX computer was for, you'd then have to find the corresponding wire in the 97 SVX body (keeping in mind that you can't just match the colors!). THEN you could cut all the wires in the 92 (keeping the computer, connector, and a few inches of wiring coming from the computer intact), remove the computer from the 97, cut the wiring just below the connector, and splice the 1997 wires to the 1992 connector. But wait, there's more! Keep in mind that alot of sensors send info to the computer based on voltage resistance and change in the resistance. By soldering the wires together you create more resistance in the wire, and therefore false readings for the computer!

Dave

Last edited by red95svx; 11-14-2003 at 06:24 PM.