View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
I didn't get that at all from the response. Basically, what do we need? We've all pretty much decided the intake tube will gain us little hp, if any. So... what do we want from them? I think headers would do nicely. Some equal length stainless ones. The ones that are on there aren't horrible, but some full length headers would DEFINATELY help out.

- Rob
I think that what would be extremely nice, and probably not that much in R&D costs, would be lightened piston heads, lightened valve assembly.... maybe some other engine internals that might already be researched for other cars. I think if we could do a little internal engine work maybe we could raise the redline of the car. Oh, by the way, what would raising the compression ratio do? if you were to not use forced induction, but put lighter heads that increased the compression ration, would that give you more power... i've been thinking about this, and i can't figure out exactly what would happen.. i know 10:1 is a high compression ration, but most "built" crate engines are around 12:1-13:1... just not sure what exactly it would do

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker