View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 06:18 PM
^ has Subaru issues

Send a message via AIM to Kurt_W
Isuzu didn't need any help ruining itself. They quit selling cars because they didn't sell very well. They started making their own (v6) engines to cut their reliance on GM v6's. GM v6's back then weren't necessarily great but they are better then Isuzu engines. We've had 3 Troopers at this point. The first the frame let go on. The second blew up an Isuzu 4 cylinder. The third blew an Isuzu V6. Isuzu didn't know how to make engines back then, and its hard to tell if they've learned anything since.

Hell, on top of all this, the dealers don't even seem to know how to work on the older ones.

*shrug*

As for Saab, many of them have been built out of parts for years. They still look good, but a lot of the originallity has been lost. The old Monte Carlos and Sonnets where cool, others since have bee interesting, but now they aren't so much. If I wanted another WRX, I sure wouldn't pay extra for it just to have a Saab badge on it. It would have to have something special done to it. Though I will note that they are saying that the power in the 9-2 will be in the 250 HP range...
'91 Miata - a lot-o-miles
'88 CRX Si/B16 not-so-SiR
'73 Datsun 240Z