Thread: Japanese Parts
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2001, 04:01 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Cool Standard wheels

While we are talking design features { well, way back a bit we were} one neat touch with the SVX that I like are the directional wheels. What I mean by that is the wheels are "handed", and marked so you put the right wheel on the right side only.

Wheels which have radial spokes direct from the hub to the rim will look the same on either side of the car. If the spokes are cranked, they will seem to lean forward on one side of the car and back on the other side if they are all made the same.

I once had a very small, very fast car, a Renault 5 Turbo, and the wheels were like this, leaning forward one side, backward the other. On the SVX, the wheels appear to be on backways to me, the spokes lean forward on the top of the wheel, I would prefer them leaning back, but I am hard to please.

No doubt they are done this way to increase turbulent airflow to the brakes, they need all the help they can get. Can't help the feeling they would look better with the upper spokes leaning back, but it is nice to see the attention to detail the engineers have applied here.

Joe