Thread: Formal SVX Club
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2001, 10:57 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I just Emailed Rich. I'll wait to hear back for a week or two, If not, I guess I'll just call SOA's general number and start from there.

Once We get the database of US vehicles, who's going to take each state and contact the DMV?

I will start Wisconsin. I can't say I'll be able to do them all, it may be several thousand were shipped here. It will consist of calling the DMV, purchasing rights to a peice of software that allows you to dial in and search for registration history by VIN or purchasing a report from them since some states don't allow such connections. I don't know the cost. Then we can start to update records in the database.

Anyone who works at a dealership or bank should have access to the DMV system. Be sure to check if searching VIN records violates the software agreement before you start! We don't need anyone going to jail for this club.

BTW, who's writing the check for this stuff?

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker