Old 09-15-2003, 06:35 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Caution!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobody
Hi Joe, first of all Mobil1 sythetic ATF is fully compatible with Dextron II/III and it is recomended for SVX by Mobil and Subaru as well. I talked with several technicians from Exxon/Mobil about these two products and only solution is that they have in their internal spec. sheets and manuals that only Mobil1 sythetic ATF is suitable for SVX tranny. I have asked them weather I can use Mobil1 ATF SHC instead and they have no mention about SVX in their compatibility list. They told me that there MAY be some problems in tranny (friction etc.) basicly did not recomned anything which is not tested/combatible...
You know tranny is out of car being repaired so no worry about sealings, there will be new ones. I want to give it all the best.
I saw specification of Mobil1 ATF SHC and in couple things is litlle bit better than Mobil1 synthetic ATF (especially in tempetrature).
Question is/was simple, does anybody of european members here use any fully synthetic ATF? Which brand?
It is simple to ask some of my friends to buy it in states but I do not want to use their luggage 25kg limit with my 12 litres of oil:-))
I have sent question to Exxon/Mobil USA headquater but I do belive they will reply...:-)
Peter,

I saw another post on ATF, and assume you have been on to John Hoffman.

Just a word of caution on the Mobil 1. In the UK, I have not seen a listing for Mobil 1 ATF. Obviously it exists, as it is used in the States.

However, they do list Mobil 1 SHC. Note it does not say Mobil 1 ATF SHC.
This SHC product is listed as a gear and differential oil, and is SAE 75W to 90W.

If it is the same product as you are encountering, it would not be at all suitable for ATF, way too viscous.

So be careful that you get supplied with the proper oil.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl