Thread: I have an idea
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2001, 03:05 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
First of all, I can't create new forums. I haven't been granted that ability. That would be a sith thing.

Second of all, if it comes to that, I don't want to be a part of it, nor, do I want to know about it. But, to tell you the truth, I don't think it's possible to have a completely on topic discussion. Besides, that's what e-groups is for. We've gone to great lengths to create a site where people have their separate spaces for mods, babble, geographic locations, technical questions, talk to a "real tech" -- damn, we've segmented this thing enough. If people wanna piss and moan about "on topic" let 'em go back to Yahoo! Let 'em start their own forum, let 'em . . . well, let 'em do something else. You can please some of the people some of the time . . .

At SVX meets, we kind of "filter" car talk into our B.S. sessions. I've made some great acquaintances both at meets and here. You can't do that kinda stuff by staying "on topic." Steve Wasion, Nick Owens, Bill Moore and I are not getting together at Autofest to be "On Topic" --- Don Addington, Larry Singer, Olu Davis, John Hoffman, Jerry Jenkins, Ron Mummert, Harry Newman . . . and whomever else (these are all I can remember at the moment) are not coming together at "Snowshoe II" to be "On Topic." The point I'm making here is, we have NAMES! We have LIVES! We like to SHARE them . . . here, there and everywhere (is this a copyright infringement on the Beatles?). For Cripes sake, there's only so many times you can talk about your tranny or your cloudy headlights and your paint chips and your door dings and your condensation in your tail lights and your . . . before you get to, "and what do you do for a living?" Or, on a return visit, you can ask, "how's your son . . . your daughter . . . why didn't your wife come with you this time . . . tell Amber we missed her . . . tell Gene if she doesn't make a meet soon, I'm going to doubt her existence . . . hi Roni, how did the fund drive go . . .

I mean, since this is a post about "off topic" I guess I'm on topic by talking about disliking pissers and moaners of off topic --- grrr.

I believe that's enough said. And the short answer is NO, I will not create such a forum -- not even if I could. And, if your "idea" is in response to a particular post, please point me in the direction of it -- I'll delete it -- I actually CAN do that.

>Aredub steps off of soap box, slowly bends down and picks it up. Turning sharply away from the crowd, he walks slowly to the window . . . and throws the soap box through it -- then, exits right.<
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI