View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 08:50 PM

Re: Re: 3 ways at least I know of

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Yopu were able to find a T that put the sender in contact with the fluid, but left a big enough opening for the fluid to get through? I couldn't find one.
Maybe I was just lucky with the combination of parts. The T worked just about perfect with the parts that came with the Hayden gauge I bought along with a Hayden stacked plate cooler (they use the same OEM as B&M).

The fluid path inside the T is bigger than the ID of the hose. I'd guess something just over 1/2" bore inside the T. The external size of the T is over 2" in length and almost an inch in width. The end of the sensor protrudes a bit into the flow, but given the size of the bore where it's at I see no problem with obstruction.

To each his own for the sensor location - probably much like the series or parallel discussion on cooler location. I too went with the line coming out of the TC thinking that would be the hottest spot I could easily measure. However every OEM and gauge maker I've seen recommends the pan - excepting those that sell the external filter kit of course. I always (probably incorrectly) assumed that was so you measured the temp of the fluid the tranny was picking up (which should be about 150-170F) vice what it was kicking out.