View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: R-12 Oil Does not get sucked in

Quote:
Originally posted by MAD4SVX
Hi Guys,

Need you help again if possible.

I bought some R-12 Oil for my A/C. Ok, I thought it was R12 freon but I was wrong - but instead of wasting it or sending it back, I thought I'd top it up. I folowed the instructions- A/C running on full etc but the car will not suck the R12 oil in.

Note:

a) My A/C is almost empty. There are a couple of oily bubbles in the spy hole that just drip down. The bubbles are quite large. (I.E there is not a lot of tiny bubbles)

b) When I press the valve on the outlet on the high side, only air comes out. The air is not wet. I'm assuming that the A/C is filled only with air and no R12 inside.

Questions:

1) Does this mean that I have to have my A/C evacuated? I was hoping that if I got this done, it would create a vacume whithin the A/C system - which would then suck in the R12 oil when connected.

2) Does anybody know how long and how much this will cost?

Any help would be appriceated as I want to get some Freeze 12 - I saw on ebay. But I don't want to get it if it won't go in!

Thanks

Mark

I may be wrong on this but .. the oil must have pressure behind it to get into a pressurized system. There is no vacuum in the A/C system. Just one side with High pressure and one side with a lower pressure (still pressurized though)
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .