View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 06:52 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Having never really driven one before I can't really vouch for how they drive.. But I did go to the dragon this year in Fontana Village, NC... I got launched up and down the mountians on WRX's that were stock, barely modded and heavely modded.... What a blast!!!! The car feels so neutral when ya get it into a 4 wheel drift!!!! It is amazing!!! Sure the american WRX only has about 227 hp stock..... But my dad's 1998 Version 5 WRX peobably has over 260hp, stock!!!! That little beast flies!!!!! What a thrill!!! I will agree though that the Turbo takes a long time to spool up though... Ya know why... Because there is a CAT right infront of the turbo!!!! That's really restrictive!!!! Get a full 3" exhaust on it and you can expect to gain a good 30+ hp just from that!!!! Then it spools up really fast!!!! WRX owners.... Did ya do the little MOD that allows ya to get the full 14psi in first gear???? Ya know that stock your engine is limited to only 8psi in first right??? amazing gow much faster the car is with that... Spools up even quickerr with this mod too!!! Want to know how??? PM me

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...