Thread: Gm
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
CR

<There are plenty of examples of unjust / error prone reporting in the world today. It boils down to individually trusting a particular publication for it best opinions. I agree with Larry iii that CR is great for TV's Refrig's, VCR's (dating myself ), or DVD's, but very lacking in automobile "understanding".

Remember "60 Minutes" on the Audi "unintended acceleration"? Did a job on Audi sales in the US and even when proven wrong, NEVER acknowledged it publicly! I seldom watch "60 Minutes" today for that very resaon - can't trust any of their reporting any more.
Harry>

I would add to that, "Audio Equipment". If what you are looking for is audio as an appliance, fine. CU however shares the same "tin ear" that the old Stereo Review magazine made famous. I was doubtful too....until I heard the difference between two different brands of....PATCH CORDS! For those whose ears can tell the difference, magazines like Stereophile, or several of the British magazines, are good sources of information.
Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"