View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 02:30 PM
alanscouse

Angry Corroded Fuel Lines !

Got back from the Reading Meet on Sunday afternoon after another great SVX gathering ( thanks again to all involved ) and pulled into the garage to smell a strong odor of gasoline . I checked the car I was driving ( the 96 SVX ) and that wasn't the problem , what was happening was a fuel leak in the 95 SVX parked in the garage , occuring just ahead of the rear wheel on the drivers side . I definitely had not noticed a fuel leak before I left to drive to PA . Hard to detect exactly where the leak was coming from but it was a constant drip - drip -drip .
I took it to my local dealer today and he informed me that for sure two of the fuel lines had corroded through ! How about $ 300 for the new fuel lines ( he recommended replacing all three ) plus labor involved in dropping the tank and making the replacement .
Oh , the joys of living in NE Ohio and the attendant salt cancer on metal parts .
I must say I don't recall having seen any body else in the group post about such a failure previously . All you Northerners and Canadians make sure you clean the salt and crud from that area in future . When I get the work done ( it may take a while for the dealer to get the parts ) I'll see if I can post photos pinpointing the area the corrosion took place .

Alan.