View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Oil filter leakage

I have used Fram 90% of the time on every subaru I've owned plus a few friends cars and my moms. All said and told I'm sure I've used well over a 100 of 'em with out a problem. My brat was the first of any of these vehicles to suffer anything internally (aside from an old hatchback which went through 3 feet of water) and even that I wouldn't blame on the oil filter since it has over 175k on the clock. The only difference I've noticed between Frams and Purcolators was that the oil seal actually seemed a little more substatantual on the Fram. As for driving diffenences. The Fram seems to allow for a little more valve noise as the car reaches 3k on the EA81 and EA27 engines than does the Purc but the Purc catches back up by the time the car has 3500 on the oil. I still like the fact that I don't have to use a wrench with the Frams now. Big selling point! Like Hotshoe say's I've never known anyone to have a problem with Fram that caused the engine to implode.