The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BIG problem (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7701)

petesvx2 12-20-2002 10:22 PM

BIG problem

how does one get mcdonalds french fries out from between the center console and the drivers seat?

Green1995SVX 12-20-2002 10:31 PM

Wouldnt that be a "Super Size Problem?" Oh.. try a ShopVac. :D

Mike

DavieGravy 12-20-2002 11:32 PM

A pair of scissors perhaps or something long and skinny that you can grab it with. (not part of your body :D )

fait_svx 12-21-2002 12:21 AM

yeah i've had that same problem. except i had a whole bunch of loose change falling between there. What I did is I pulled out the seats. its very easy to do. There are five bolts you gotta undo, and it just comes right out. If you do pull out the seats, watch out cause there is a wire connected to the drivers seat. By the way, what is that wire for? After I picked up the loose change between the seats, I brought the change to the local grocery store, they have a coin counter there, and turns out I had 35.00 in change.

immortal_suby 12-21-2002 07:05 AM

The same way someone gets cat barf out of there - remove the seats.

Beav 12-21-2002 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
The same way someone gets cat barf out of there - remove the seats.
Question: Once you have the seats out do you use the same cat to remove the debris? ;) :D

Beav

A cat lover from way never... :)

Ron Mummert 12-21-2002 08:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beav
[B]

Question: Once you have the seats out do you use the same cat to remove the debris? ;) :D

Beav

You won't have to remove the seat if you use a pole cat.

Meouch - Ron

SVXphile 12-21-2002 08:12 PM

Between a seat and a hard place...

Glue stick rubbed on the end of a straw.

The old fashioned way would be a piece of gum, but I prefer something with more stick.

A straight pin pushed through the end makes a good hook to get some things out... :) Don

PS....My cats travel in cat carrier boxes. If they barf, its on them!:D

Alcyone SVX LSL 12-21-2002 08:17 PM

Re: Between a seat and a hard place...

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile

PS....My cats travel in cat carrier boxes. If they barf, its on them!:D

It is worse when they find that they need to relieve themselves while you are driving and yet with all the windows down you can still smell it.

SVXphile 12-21-2002 08:26 PM

Don't I remember....

<It is worse when they find that they need to relieve themselves while you are driving and yet with all the windows down you can still smell it>

Been there.....done that.....still smell it.

I was transporting two of my sister's cats in ONE carrier box from Stauton to Fayetteville. We had reached Lexington when they went at each other....and then messed on each other. Even with the window down, I almost gagged. Now imagine this....they were both longhaired Himalayans. They both went into the bathtub upon arrival.

Then I took a LONG shower..... :rolleyes: Don

Alcyone SVX LSL 12-21-2002 08:34 PM

Re: Don't I remember....

Quote:

I was transporting two of my sister's cats in ONE carrier box from Stauton to Fayetteville. We had reached Lexington when they went at each other....and then messed on each other. Even with the window down, I almost gagged. Now imagine this....they were both longhaired Himalayans. They both went into the bathtub upon arrival.

Been there when i had 2 cats, one is still in FL fortunatly hehe.
Gagging isnt the word for it either hehe, had my head out the window :D

immortal_suby 12-22-2002 06:29 AM

This cat was in a carrier until my beautiful wife decided that it needed to eat on her lap at about 80-90mph. Vomiting ensued - cat was thrown back into holding tank where it promptly launched out the other end - gagging was an understatement.

Shop vac was used to get barf out but I think next time the other cat will be used. It seems to work itself out that way. I guess they have some sort of deal between them. Now if I could only get a dog to clean the litter box I'd never have any problem.

Ever see the man show short take "what would Jimmy do" where he runs out of TP at his mother in law's house and then the long haired cat walks by.....
:eek:

petesvx2 12-22-2002 10:56 AM

lol, we went from french fries to cat puke...yum:cool:

Ron Mummert 12-23-2002 09:20 PM

Re: Don't I remember....

Quote:

<It is worse when they find that they need to relieve themselves while you are driving and yet with all the windows down you can still smell it>

Been there.....done that.....still smell it.

Geez...and I wondered why people kept cats PRIOR to hearing all of this.

Ron (pffffttt).

BradT 12-24-2002 09:28 AM

How to reach those fries ... someone with very dextrous fingers, perhaps. Have you consulted the Hamburglar?

*ahem*

:D