The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Rent-a-car!! (Too funny!) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60813)

subi-crosser 10-30-2012 04:42 PM

Rent-a-car!! (Too funny!)

Rent-a-car experience!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wife and I headed to Hertz to pick up her 'new' ride this morning. She was presented with a new Yaris. She drove it about 6 miles, handed me the key and said that it "will sit out front all week".
I took it back and swapped it for a new Camery. NO GO!!
She said that she will sit home and WAIT for the Outback to be fixed!!
The 'Hertz' lady said, "A car is a car". It is aparent that SHE has never driven an Outback with 130K PLUS miles!!
As I returned the Yaris, I said that I would not pay $1,000 to OWN that car!!

My brother told me last night that I should not put her in a 'new' car, because I would have to buy her one!! NO problem!! a 'NEW' toyota got a thumbs DOWN!! She wants her worn out Outback!!

(Since she has been driving, she has always had a Subaru) Both Subarus we had then have been replaced with Subarus. Does anyone offer 'Subarus' for RENT??
She just can't go backwards!!

subi-crosser 11-01-2012 09:27 PM

Re: Rent-a-car!! (Too funny!)

Calld the snake farm AGAIN!! (I called them 11 days before they had a hurricane for an excuse for slow settlement.)
I told them that, since I have been waiting 2 weeks for an 'adjuster', that I was going to have a mirror installed, so my wife didn't have to drive a toy-ota.
The guy said to keep the reciept.
I called the body shop that did the original estimate, but they are not there, cause they have no lectric.
I called OT, and had a new mirror installed in 28 hours for less money than a YARIS rents for!
I now have a 'happy wife' again!! (Hope it hold out)
Snake farm can take their time now. They WILL be gitting the BILL!

sunvalleyray 11-01-2012 10:03 PM

Hertz used to rent Subaru's out of their Canton Ohio airport location, don't know if they still do. Saved my butt several times on two, 2000 mile + business trips in bad weather. Both times I rented Outback wagons which I loved almost as much as my SVX.

Ray

svxfiles 11-02-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 714969)
Calld the snake farm AGAIN!! (I called them 11 days before they had a hurricane for an excuse for slow settlement.)
I told them that, since I have been waiting 2 weeks for an 'adjuster', that I was going to have a mirror installed, so my wife didn't have to drive a toy-ota.
The guy said to keep the reciept.
I called the body shop that did the original estimate, but they are not there, cause they have no lectric.
I called OT, and had a new mirror installed in 28 hours for less money than a YARIS rents for!
I now have a 'happy wife' again!! (Hope it hold out)
Snake farm can take their time now. They WILL be gitting the BILL!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?//

Green1995SVX 11-09-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunvalleyray (Post 714970)
Hertz used to rent Subaru's out of their Canton Ohio airport location, don't know if they still do. Saved my butt several times on two, 2000 mile + business trips in bad weather. Both times I rented Outback wagons which I loved almost as much as my SVX.

Ray

Avis rents Subarus at nearly all of their airport locations and some residential locations as well. When I was in Salt Lake City about 3 years ago I rented a Legacy at the airport there. As a side note - horrible car. The engine sounded like a tractor, the interior had some of the cheapest materials i've seen, and the styling looks like an inflated caricature car with smarties for wheels.

I've rented camrys several times, and have always felt that they did their job just fine.

subi-crosser 11-10-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 715395)
Avis rents Subarus at nearly all of their airport locations and some residential locations as well. When I was in Salt Lake City about 3 years ago I rented a Legacy at the airport there. As a side note - horrible car. The engine sounded like a tractor, the interior had some of the cheapest materials i've seen, and the styling looks like an inflated caricature car with smarties for wheels.

I've rented camrys several times, and have always felt that they did their job just fine.

Not an issue now. OT replaced the mirror. Like all your neighbors, statefarm don't CARE!! Almost at 30 days since a State Trooper recorded a guy hitting my parked car. 3 calls later, still no 'adjuster' has looked at my car!
They can't blame the huricane, because my 'claim' was 11 days before the huricane.
OT has since replaced the head gaskets on Sweeties car, so mine can now head to the shop for bodywork. I'm going to do the whole car, but not snake farms part. I'm DONE calling them! My next action will be another lawsuit, like I had to do to get paid for my Dad's wagon when one of their 'insured' didn't know what a 'yield' sign was for.

A$$holes!! I had snakefarm 30 years ago. Won't make THAT mistake again!!