The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   READING Recap and Photos / Videos (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57370)

newsvx 05-22-2011 05:59 PM

READING Recap and Photos / Videos

GREAT time at READING this weekend - even though the participation was HALF of what was expected / signed up. If you didn't make it, you missed beautiful weather (except for Friday) and a good time. Changing to May was definitely a good idea. Not only was the weather better, the countryside was beautiful with the farmers working the fields, etc. Late Spring is the best time .....
So good to see old friends and make some new ones to boot.

At this link are some photos and a video from the meet (you'll also see some photos from the Train Museum in Strasburg):
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/d...%20XII%202011/

ENJOY!:)

Harry

radarwhiz 05-22-2011 06:48 PM

Re: READING Recap and Photos / Videos

We had a great time as well. It was only our second Reading so we look forward to more, bigger, better ones. Great pictures, Harry, thank you.

huck369 05-22-2011 07:10 PM

I was hoping to make it this year:(.....glad you had good weather.....
Maybe I can make it next year.....

Crazy_pilot 05-22-2011 07:31 PM

Looks like fun! Too bad I haven't been able to attend the last three meets, school was almost 3000 miles round trip. Now that I'm done that though it's a mere 1000. I don't know what I'll be driving, if the SVX will be together or not, but I'll be there next time.

newsvx 05-22-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 677353)
I was hoping to make it this year:(.....glad you had good weather.....
Maybe I can make it next year.....

I sure hope so, Huck!!

newsvx 05-22-2011 07:43 PM

I forgot to include in my original posting a BIG THANK YOU to John Hoffman (SVXECESS) for organizing the meet - as he has done for a number of past READING's.

John deserves a great deal of credit for the READING meets of late. NOBODY has stepped up to help him out either, and may I respectfully suggest / plead that people step up to help out for next year. If we are to continue to have these meets, a number of folks need to help make it happen .....

Harry

Sean486 05-22-2011 08:02 PM

I just need to stay overnight next year, my time flew by. Thanks for all your hard work in organizing John.

jellybytes2 05-22-2011 10:28 PM

As a Reading first timer I want to say it was great meeting everyone. The regulars welcoed everyone in to the crowd warmly. A big thank you to John for his organizing work.

B 4 You 05-23-2011 12:07 AM

i just wanted to thank everyone for getting together and john, and anyone else, who helped set it up. being my first time, i really enjoyed myself and i will definitely attend each meet to come. everyone there was so nice and friendly. even my girlfriend had a good time :eek:

(known to john as most enthusiastic reading spirit)

:lol:

Freeman 05-23-2011 07:02 AM

The auction was actually more lively than last years. There were some silly things that were donated but it was all really fun none the less.

cozykat 05-23-2011 08:34 PM

I had an amazing time and always enjoy seeing familiar faces as well as several new. John did a great job organizing and executing the meet. :) Look forward to next year already. :)

LetItSnow 05-23-2011 09:31 PM

It's got me wondering how influential the date change adjusted the population... I was definitely a casualty of the push. :(

Speaking of the raffle, who won the alternator?

Sean486 05-24-2011 04:33 AM

Would we like to see it back in April?

Hocrest 05-24-2011 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetItSnow (Post 677458)
It's got me wondering how influential the date change adjusted the population... I was definitely a casualty of the push. :(

Me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean486 (Post 677474)
Would we like to see it back in April?

YES!!

huck369 05-24-2011 05:16 AM

Won't the "20th Anniversary Meet" be next year.....?