The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Price for a new gearbox (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56514)

SVXdk 02-07-2011 11:52 AM

Price for a new gearbox

Hi

I haven't been on this site for a long time and unfortunately I haven't been driving my SVX for a long time either :( Two years ago the gearbox broke down and we had it repaired. It lasted less than 500km, then it broke down again. We had it repaired on the warrenty, this time it lasted about 200km and broke down a third time. This time a different problem.

Now we have descided not to sepend any more time and mony on the old box and are looking for a new gearbox.

Has any of you any idear what the price is for a new gearbox in different EU countries. I can't imagine it will cost more that buying it in Denmark. Here the price is 50.000 DKK excluding 25% VAT! That is roughly 5.600 GBP or 6.750 Euro.

Pernille

DJW svx 02-07-2011 11:58 AM

Re: Price for a new gearbox

At that price I would be tempted to buy a whole secondhand car as they are going for sensible money at the moment and use the gearbox from it.

legacyau 02-07-2011 01:27 PM

Convert to manual :) probably cheaper and more fun

SVXdk 02-08-2011 12:09 PM

Actually we have thought of converting to manual, but the price is about the same as a new gearbox (Denmark is not the cheapest country when it comes to cars :mad:)

We have also talked about buying a second car and taking the box from that. But first of all we don't want to take the risk that the box will brake after a few km, secondly what do we do with the rest of the car? (We have no place to store it....)

We guess the cheapest for us would be buying the gearbox in Germany, UK or maybe Spain/Italy.

Pernille

oab_au 02-08-2011 02:46 PM

I don't have a listing on what the Denmark cars had. Which gear box is in the car. A VTD or the US type Transfer box?

Harvey.

SVXdk 02-08-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 668563)
I don't have a listing on what the Denmark cars had. Which gear box is in the car. A VTD or the US type Transfer box?

Harvey.

I am not sure! The car + all the papers are at the workshop, I will call and ask them if they know. If it is of any help, I can tell that the car i a '94 model and we got is from Germany.

Pernille

oab_au 02-09-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXdk (Post 668568)
I am not sure! The car + all the papers are at the workshop, I will call and ask them if they know. If it is of any help, I can tell that the car i a '94 model and we got is from Germany.

Pernille

If the car was German delivered, it won't be a VTD, it will have the same Transfer type transmission as the US car. So the TCU will be able to control all the normal boxes. The front speed sensor may have to be changed.

Harvey.

svxfiles 02-09-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXdk (Post 668568)

Pernille

Can you tell us the transmission number on the top of the bell housing, above the starter?
TZ102Z2?????

SVXdk 02-14-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 668655)
Can you tell us the transmission number on the top of the bell housing, above the starter?
TZ102Z2?????

The number on the top is "TZ102YP1BA-K4".
There is a second number "704599".

The workshop coudn't tell, what the numbers referred to. There was no indication, whether it was a VTD or a US type.

Thomas (Pernilles boyfriend :) )

oab_au 02-14-2011 04:17 PM

That number looks like a VTD box. My 95 VTD is TZ102YP1CA.
If you look at the under hood fuse box, on the bottom right hand corner, there is either "FWD" or "DIFF LOCK", written. Yours should have DIFF LOCK for a VTD box.

Not an easy one to replace.

Harvey.

svxfiles 02-14-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 669005)
That number looks like a VTD box. My 95 VTD is TZ102YP1CA.
If you look at the under hood fuse box, on the bottom right hand corner, there is either "FWD" or "DIFF LOCK", written. Yours should have DIFF LOCK for a VTD box.

Not an easy one to replace.

Harvey.

Good call Harvey, his is a 94 so it would follow the pattern, 1BA,
1CA.

oab_au 02-14-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 669030)
Good call Harvey, his is a 94 so it would follow the pattern, 1BA,
1CA.

Yes that really limits it to an Euro box, from UK, some of Europe, Aust. NZ. $$$$ The JDM is different, on the front speed sensor.

A manual looks attractive.:D

Harvey.

blueji 02-15-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXdk (Post 668490)
Hi

I haven't been on this site for a long time and unfortunately I haven't been driving my SVX for a long time either :( Two years ago the gearbox broke down and we had it repaired. It lasted less than 500km, then it broke down again. We had it repaired on the warrenty, this time it lasted about 200km and broke down a third time. This time a different problem.

Now we have descided not to sepend any more time and mony on the old box and are looking for a new gearbox.

Has any of you any idear what the price is for a new gearbox in different EU countries. I can't imagine it will cost more that buying it in Denmark. Here the price is 50.000 DKK excluding 25% VAT! That is roughly 5.600 GBP or 6.750 Euro.

Pernille

There's one on Ebay at the moment.....Subaru recondition unit, item no. 400194993083 £499.95 or offers.

Dont know if this is what you're after.

John:)

oab_au 02-15-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueji (Post 669050)
There's one on Ebay at the moment.....Subaru recondition unit, item no. 400194993083 £499.95 or offers.

Dont know if this is what you're after.

John:)

Right box TZ102YP1CA
, good price.:)

Harvey.

SVXdk 02-16-2011 01:37 PM

The seller has two gearboxes - "early and late types". I suppose, they are the two boxes mentioned on his list, TZ102YP1BA (or CA?) and TZ102YP1YC.

Our chassis number is JF1CXWLE0RG005075. Can any of you confirm, that one of the boxes will fit on our SVX?

Thomas