The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Back windows stopped working (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55227)

SpadedOne 08-09-2010 07:41 AM

Back windows stopped working

My back windows are stuck down. They don't go up with any of the switches. It rained last night, so I only had time to put some garbage bags on them. Haven't got to check it out anymore, and I'm at work now.

Just wondering, do the back windows have a separate fuse for them? Or is my problem bigger than that. Possibly a wiring problem?????

FYI- the passenger window hasn't worked since I got the car and haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet.

immortal_suby 08-09-2010 02:28 PM

Re: Back windows stopped working

did you check the obvious - that the window lock out button isn't pressed?

SpadedOne 08-09-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby (Post 654709)
did you check the obvious - that the window lock out button isn't pressed?

Yeah, the drivers window still works.

Is there separate relays for the front and back windows?

Can anyone provide me the wiring diagram for the power windows? (I searched for them, but no luck) I wanna check the grounds when I get home tonight and need to know where to look.

AFBeefcake 08-09-2010 02:39 PM

Also check that the rear switches are pluging. If there not the windows will not work even from the drivers switch.

I forgot to plug one on mine in one time and thought the moter was dead.

SpadedOne 08-09-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFBeefcake (Post 654711)
Also check that the rear switches are pluging. If there not the windows will not work even from the drivers switch.

I forgot to plug one on mine in one time and thought the moter was dead.

Don't think that's the problem, but I will try that and check all the other connections that I know of. They both stopped working at the same time, and I never took anything apart. Just got home for running around, then tried to put them up, and they didn't work.

Still need the wiring diagram if someone has it. If I can't get it working myself, I would like to have the diagram when I take it to the shop to fix it. There are no Subaru shops close to me.

RojoRocket 08-09-2010 04:56 PM

Are you sure you understood the first reply in this thread, about the lock-out button being engaged? Your reply, "Yeah, the drivers window still works." does not compute. :confused:
With the lock-out engaged the driver cannot operate any of the other windows, but his/her own, and none of the other window switches are operational. There is no indicator anywhere warning you that it's operated. Just to humor Matt and I, try pressing it. The button is easily pressed unintentionally, and many of us have fallen "victim" to it.

Glenn