The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   FS: 6-Speed 92 Subaru SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52260)

Splinter 11-11-2009 09:26 PM

FS: 6-Speed 92 Subaru SVX

Location of the SVX: Victoria, BC, Canada

Year: 1992

Model: SVX

VIN: Inquire

Manufacture date: 05/91

Paint Color: Ebony

Interior Color: Leather/Suede

Miles: 157,000

Options: Touring Package

AWD or FWD: AWD

Modifications: 06 STI 6MT, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, Resonator delete. Modifications are incomplete but driveable

Major service: Unknown

Engine Condition: 7/10, low RPM hesitation, slight blue smoke on start up occasionally

Maintenance Records: None

Transmission condition: Excellent

Glass condition: 100% after pending insurance claim

Type of tire and remaining tread: Nokian WR, 7/10

Type of wheels: Stock

Interior condition: 5/10, some cracking on leather, dash panels incorrectly aligned

Body condition: 8/10, no rust, minor door dings, paint on hood and front bumper need love

Known defects or problems: 6MT swap is incomplete but drivable, drivers seat forward/reverse stuck, trunk lock loose

Comments about the car: See below for original post

Asking price:$4000

Pictures: (External links are OK)

Here's the deal. I don't need this car. I like it, I enjoy driving it, but it's not necessary for me to have it, I have enough toys already.

It's a 1992 Subaru SVX, 160,000 miles on it, with an 06 STi 6 speed swapped in. Wheels are off an FD RX-7. It also has a flowmaster 40 series muffler, on the stock exhaust. Apart from that it's stock. It's originally a US car.

I currently daily drive it, but it still needs some work. The shifter needs a boot, right now you can see road through it, etc.

I have a ton of spare OEM parts for it, headlights, suspension, hubs, etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...FTJ/svx/18.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...x/IMG_4468.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...x/IMG_4469.jpg

I don't know if it would pass emissions, and I don't know how to import it to the states.

Hondasucks 11-12-2009 10:11 PM

Re: FS: 6-Speed 92 Subaru SVX

You sure do make me wish I had C$6000...

bheinen74 11-13-2009 09:57 AM

?

?

Splinter 11-13-2009 10:25 AM

!

!

BoxerFanatic 11-13-2009 12:14 PM

Tempting, if I had the cash...

What are your plans to keep working on, just out of curiosity?

Splinter 11-13-2009 01:15 PM

Put in a shift boot, reassemble the dash, replace the dented front right fender (have a brand new one painted and ready to go), make the exhaust look pretty, then start rebuilding all the parts I pulled off the parts car and replacing everything on this one.

Splinter 11-28-2009 11:14 AM

Forgot to mention, it's got a brand new alternator and starter.

Splinter 12-21-2009 03:43 PM

Someone was kind enough to back into the car with their flatdeck truck, smashing the side glass, windsheild and side mirror.

If I try and get it fixed through insurance, the car is going to get written off, and you can't buy the car back after it's been written off here anymore to part it out

So if anyone is interested in taking the car off me as-is, fire me an offer. I'm still trying to get the guy who hit me to pay out of pocket for repairs, so I might end up fixing it but we'll see.

The car is still drivable, plastic over the smashed out window. It doesn't *appear* to be any structural damage, just cosmetic and the glass. I'll get some pics in short order.

BoxerFanatic 12-21-2009 04:33 PM

Wow, that pretty much completely sucks. I hope you are able to fix it, or sell as-is. Don't let it go to a junk yard with that 6MT installed.

I have no money, and I am half a continent away... but I can think of things I would do to restore, and further modify that car, if I could afford it...

Splinter 12-23-2009 01:21 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...x/DSC00108.jpg

Just hammering out a settlement with the guy who hit me

But if someone gave me $5000, I'd give them the car as-is, plus all my spare SVX parts (headlights, trunk, stock wheels, some interior panels, suspension, brakes)

Once again, there's no structural damage as far as I can tell, just cosmetic, so if you have a spare windshield and sideglass, it should be cheaply fixable.

Splinter 01-09-2010 10:16 AM

Insurance company says they're going to repair the car... as soon as the guy who hit me owns up to it. Argh. He knows he did it but he's stringing it along as long as he can to be a dick.

ensteele 01-09-2010 10:42 AM

Your ad would be much better and answer many questions that members have if you would follow the template that is stickied in the For Sale section. Thanks :)

ShiuludeSVX 01-10-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splinter (Post 630187)
Insurance company says they're going to repair the car... as soon as the guy who hit me owns up to it. Argh. He knows he did it but he's stringing it along as long as he can to be a dick.

Sound like he has Farmer's Insurance.
They pulled us along for over a year to take care of damages for an accident my Wife was in. Bastages

BoxerFanatic 01-10-2010 02:27 PM

If I had cash...

I would sorely be tempted to buy this one, and Mike's that is prepped for paint... and build one car from them both, since Mike's has the manual gearbox pulled out of it.

There are a plethora of good project candidates around the country... but seemingly none in the upper midwest... and I couldn't afford a project right now, anyway. Hard enough to keep the house warm, and the groceries going, and the cars that I have on the road.

I hope the insurance company gets on the stick and repairs the car for you, or the next owner, at least.

Splinter 01-11-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX (Post 630334)
Sound like he has Farmer's Insurance.
They pulled us along for over a year to take care of damages for an accident my Wife was in. Bastages

Being from BC, we all have the same insurance company, provincially mandated monopoly. In some ways it's really good, in others not so much.

But basically, they have to call him a bunch of times, he doesn't answer or fobs them off with excuses, eventually they'll send him a registered letter and then if he doesn't do anyhing about it they can go after legal action.

And I'll redo the OP using the template I surpose :P