The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New exh. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48784)

stuartracing 01-22-2009 07:37 PM

New exh.

I went ahead and put some better exh. on my 92...Took the cat. conv. off and put a Magna flow muffler and went back with 2 1/2 pipe to a y pipe and then they bent up some pipe to the rear and re- used the stock tips....Not too awfully loud and feels like it pulls a little harder....
I know, I have some other issues I should have done first(EGRvalve/solinoid code)....And trans. code #13....But It wasn`t too expensive to get it done so what the hell....I like to HEAR my exh....:)
P....

Tint, I haven`t seen to many that have tint...Is it a good idea, the way the windows are up front???

newkid17 01-22-2009 09:20 PM

Re: New exh.

i tried tinting just the top part thet dont go down and, well, umm... i was out there for 4 hours and went through 2 rolls of tint, and i couldnt get the bubbles out. i think it is the way the window bows, but it was a real PITA.

Freeman 01-23-2009 06:33 AM

Have it done "professionally" and you won't have the window bubble problem.. If you do, they'll replace it for free with a lifetime warranty.. So make sure you go somewhere that offers it.

Oh right, also, tint looks awesome.. :p lol

odepaj 01-23-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 583600)
Have it done "professionally" and you won't have the window bubble problem.. If you do, they'll replace it for free with a lifetime warranty.. So make sure you go somewhere that offers it.

Oh right, also, tint looks awesome.. :p lol

In moderation :D;):p

Dustin

Mike621 01-23-2009 06:54 AM

I've taken tint of two SVXs now. I guess that means I don't like it...:rolleyes:

By the time both of the cars with tint got to me the tint had faded to an awful cloudy purple.

Then again, the 1994 Pearl I had looked great with tint.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1232718815

Tim 01-23-2009 06:56 AM

The only thing stopping me from tint is the fact that I have a hard time seeing out the back window at night as it is.

I imagine if I have tint I'll be curbrashing my rims like crazy.

(Waits for the DWA jokes)

Freeman 01-23-2009 07:57 AM

I have a 1992 pearlie with gunmetal rims(with a chrome lip). Think tint would look good? (35%)

Gr8Dane 01-23-2009 08:52 AM

BOOYA!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ane/SVX001.jpg

Freeman 01-23-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartracing (Post 583520)
I went ahead and put some better exh. on my 92...Took the cat. conv. off and put a Magna flow muffler and went back with 2 1/2 pipe to a y pipe and then they bent up some pipe to the rear and re- used the stock tips....Not too awfully loud and feels like it pulls a little harder....
I know, I have some other issues I should have done first(EGRvalve/solinoid code)....And trans. code #13....But It wasn`t too expensive to get it done so what the hell....I like to HEAR my exh....:)
P....

Tint, I haven`t seen to many that have tint...Is it a good idea, the way the windows are up front???

Did you take pictures? How much did it all cost you?

1986nate 01-23-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 583605)
I've taken tint of two SVXs now. I guess that means I don't like it...:rolleyes:

By the time both of the cars with tint got to me the tint had faded to an awful cloudy purple.

Then again, the 1994 Pearl I had looked great with tint.

The one really good shop here that does tinting guarantees no bubbles, no fading, etc. for life. There labor rates aren't too bad either-a normal 4 door for about $200 which includes the cost of the tint. Don't even wanna think about asking them how much to do the SVX.

Freeman 01-23-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 583651)
The one really good shop here that does tinting guarantees no bubbles, no fading, etc. for life. There labor rates aren't too bad either-a normal 4 door for about $200 which includes the cost of the tint. Don't even wanna think about asking them how much to do the SVX.

Hell, it's $120.00 here for a normal car.. I imagine $180.00ish for the SVX.

stuartracing 01-23-2009 04:05 PM

I just picked up my car from the tint shop....$175.00 and a year warranty on ANY defect....They had it for 2 days...He said it was his first SVX and had to do some heat gun trick to it....But it looks pretty good...He said it was tough because of the shapes of the glass...
The exh. sounds good and costed me $260.00 from a muffler shop...All welded aluma coat pipe....No clamps , no rust....
I would never attemt tinting my self....Tried once and didn`t get past trying to peel the backing off,LOL....Nevemind being a contortionist to fit in the back of some of these cars.....It was tough just getting back there just to clean the window in the rear of this car....
It`s starting to come around, or grow on me...Just have to deal with the sensors....Now showing a #34 and #37 codes EGR and O2 sensor, then a code #32 on the trans. speed sensor 1.... Dammit man....They won`t leave me be,LOL....
P.....

stuartracing 01-23-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 583631)
Did you take pictures? How much did it all cost you?

No pic.`s yet...Wanna get it right first...All the pic.`s of the cars above look sweet, whit one , blue one....They all look good....Good job guys....
P....
$260.00 for the exh. and $175.00 for the tint job, all windows....

Freeman 01-23-2009 07:04 PM

Only $260.00!? What did you do again? Added a new muffler and went straight pipe? I didn't understand from your previous post.. Please clarify?

stuartracing 01-23-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 583766)
Only $260.00!? What did you do again? Added a new muffler and went straight pipe? I didn't understand from your previous post.. Please clarify?

He cut it off at the cat. conv. or pre muffler, I don`t which it is....Took everything off from there back....Then he put in a Magna Flow muffler,then a 2 1/2" dia. peice of pipe all the way to the rear end,made a Y pipe/splitter to come back to the fender with dual pipes to come out the fender,and re- used the stock SVX tips.... Looks like a prett neat job...Not hanging down, everything tucked up and plenty of hangers....
Is that a decent price....I guess the converter is still there, or 1 of them if there was 2....Maybe 1 was a resenator???
P....

What kind of stuff on EBAY should I stay away from??? I need an 02 sensor but I can probably get one here in town just as easy right....Are the left and right both the same???