The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Any parts cars/fixers in California? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45383)

NapaBavarian 07-03-2008 08:41 PM

Any parts cars/fixers in California?

Always looking for fixers/parts cars on the west coast :D

dromano 07-21-2008 09:02 PM

Re: Any parts cars/fixers in California?

I have a 92 LS-L black/quick silver, 99,xxx miles. Been sitting for 6+ years. Totally stock. Tranny rebuilt at 70,xxx miles. I'm in the Palm Springs area. You would have to put in on a trailer, etc., it shows no sign of wanting to start.
Has issues, will list if you have interest. Went to high school in Fairfield, spent a semester at Napa JC a long time ago.

Dave

intellibomb 08-26-2008 03:24 AM

i got a 92 liquid silver with immaculate interior

fairly bad b0dy damage,
bad engine and tranny....
500 and its yours
located in auburn ca

htyei 08-29-2008 11:33 PM

92 Teal SVX in San Francisco Bay Area. About 103k miles.
Some significant outer body damage, Crack in the radiator, but otherwise runs fine. I tried patching it myself last month, didn't stick. After 8 years I think I'm ready to move on. PM with an offer/ more information if interested.

SoCal LS-L 07-09-2009 12:24 AM

92 Ebony LS-L runs great.... CEL on for EGR code..... needs a paint job and driver rear bearing...... going to sell if it doesnt pass smog for some reason.

cartwheels 07-11-2009 02:17 AM

UH... ORANGE COUNTY? I'm in Irvine, and I've got a busted (destroyed rear subframe and bent body) 1992 Ebony LS-L as well. Starts when jumped as it's sat for a while like this, but other than that, it's complete. Just got nailed hard.

stallion 07-15-2009 09:13 AM

142K 92 Ebony LSL. Engine runs fine, overheating problem, might be thermostat I have no idea, I don't have the mechanical know-how to diagnose. Transmission has all gears and shifts fine. Front axles need replacing, binding problem on turns. I figure thats why the POWER light flashes on start.

$600... Trying to sell ASAP because i'm moving and have two cars!

Mike621 07-15-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stallion (Post 609657)
142K 92 Ebony LSL. Engine runs fine, overheating problem, might be thermostat I have no idea, I don't have the mechanical know-how to diagnose. Transmission has all gears and shifts fine. Front axles need replacing, binding problem on turns. I figure thats why the POWER light flashes on start.

$800... Trying to sell ASAP because i'm moving and have two cars!

Sounds like a transfer clutch/solenoid c issue to me as far as the binding and power light. As for the overheating, could be a thermostat or even a HG starting to go. :(

stallion 07-15-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 609658)
Sounds like a transfer clutch/solenoid c issue to me as far as the binding and power light. As for the overheating, could be a thermostat or even a HG starting to go. :(

Didn't think about the HG. Dropped to $600 for that possibility. Sending to junkyard/wrecking yard if this doesn't fall through.. I'm sure they'd give me more than 600 but I don't want this SVX to go to waste.

NapaBavarian 07-25-2009 11:35 PM

I wish I had some money! Anything really, less work and more bills is not where I need to be!

alltrac 07-27-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian (Post 611147)
I wish I had some money!

Why did you create this thread?

pearly92 08-11-2009 10:00 PM

Im Selling Ma Fixer 1992 That Just Needs Some Body Work With 2 Parts Cars Lots And Lots Of Spare Parts, I Will Part The 2 Parts Cars Out But Id Prefer To Sell As A Complete Package. Im In A Bad Spot So Make Me A Fair Offer And Take Em Home. There Is A Second Good Trans And A Third That Im Not Sure About But At Least Its A Good Core

BoxerFanatic 08-12-2009 08:41 AM

hard to go wrong with three cars for the price of one. :D

pearly92 08-13-2009 06:21 PM

its going to be a few days till i get pics. you can steal these cars for $2500 I NEED THEM GONE PLEASE HELP :) just come to grass valley and see em im sure you'll buy em... the running car has the front clip disassembled and the interior out, and a big dent pulled out of the drivers quarter panel that needs finishing. the parts cars one has no front clip its basically just diff's. doors glass and a trunk. the other parts car has all good body minus front radiator cross member and i took off the fenders for the good car it had a complete good interior that i pulled to but in the good car (it is tan and in better shape than the gray one in the runner) i was going to paint the runner black with the tan interior. the second parts car has a good trans in it so does the runner.