The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   has anyone heard IF the Challenge is 'on' (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43724)

subi-crosser 03-12-2008 07:30 AM

has anyone heard IF the Challenge is 'on'

I have searched myautoevents.com and Subi-challenge with no results.
I even went to subi website.

Is there going to be a 'Subaru Challenge/ Mid Atlantic' this year??

WRX_SVXGirl 03-12-2008 07:58 AM

they may not have the dates up yet. I went to the one in Atlanta in October. keep checking! its subaruchallenge.com i believe.

SVXRide 03-13-2008 11:19 AM

Response to my email:

Thanks for your interest in the Subaru Challenge events! We
are currently working on the schedule for 2008, please keep checking our
website for this season's dates!

Will Conklin
www.SubaruChallenge.com

subi-crosser 03-13-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 534594)
Response to my email:

Thanks for your interest in the Subaru Challenge events! We
are currently working on the schedule for 2008, please keep checking our
website for this season's dates!

Will Conklin
www.SubaruChallenge.com

The local polititians were 'up in arms' over the 'damage' the car guys were causing to the asphalt at Ripkin.
The big thing I noticed was that the course had to be laid out in a way that didn't have us burning black tire marks over the 1" HOLES in the blacktop that the CIRCUS TENTS punched through when they drove truck axels through the blacktop to hold the tents up for Dumbo!

Another thing that I noticed. The blacktop that was there was the kind that is used for a base for the 'finish'. It was #57 gravel and asphalt. Also, a lot of the drains and things were about 1" higher than the surface. This means that the 'finish' blacktop had not been applied.

Now, IF I owned a parking lot and had a choice between guys that put black marks on my asphalt or guys that drive truck axels through my asphalt, I would chose black marks over holes anytime!

As I drove to Ripkin, I heard the politicians talking on the radio. They were saying that they would not support any more driving events at Ripkin.

GRRRR!!

SVXRide 03-14-2008 07:44 AM

so have it at FedEx!:cool:
-Bill

TomsSVX 03-14-2008 09:45 AM

party at Bill's house???:D:D:D

Tom

Hocrest 03-14-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 534822)
party at Bill's house???:D:D:D

Tom

Sounds like a plan :D:D

Of course even with the meet at his house we have what??? a 30% chance of Wally being there??:rolleyes:

SVXRide 03-14-2008 06:15 PM

Plenty of land to set tents up on and park SVXi on (6 acres):cool:

Yes, Dave, the meet Gods appear to be smiling on me so far - nothing getting in the way of Reading or the Subie Challenge. Please, oh, please bring the RaceCar out to play;)

-Bill

subi-crosser 03-15-2008 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 534948)
Plenty of land to set tents up on and park SVXi on (6 acres):cool:

Yes, Dave, the meet Gods appear to be smiling on me so far - nothing getting in the way of Reading or the Subie Challenge. Please, oh, please bring the RaceCar out to play;)

-Bill

Bill,
How far do you live from Eastern Ave?? I have friends at 6900 block. They run a little store that sells flags. It's a Christian book store, but the main thing is flags.
I have bought about 50 so far!

SVXRide 03-15-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser (Post 535003)
Bill,
How far do you live from Eastern Ave?? I have friends at 6900 block. They run a little store that sells flags. It's a Christian book store, but the main thing is flags.
I have bought about 50 so far!

Jerry,
I'm about 15 minutes south of the beltway, down rte 4 (aka Pennsylvania Avenue).
-Bill