The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Subaru Coupe! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4099)

MartyMcFly 05-10-2002 03:20 AM

New Subaru Coupe!

RSK who is also a member here told me the following.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_i...p%3Fid%3D16649

I hope the link works

LarryIII 05-10-2002 04:46 AM

Like I have said before, " I'll believe it when I see it. "

Rumors always run rampant. It isn't only the CIA that uses misdirection.

Today's news people will print anything anyone says without checking it out first.

Larry III

subymtnguy 05-10-2002 04:47 AM

new coupe...

interesting...I 'll believe it when I see it...;)

Mr. Pockets 05-10-2002 07:22 AM

Of course, the scary thing about 'GM asking Subaru' to develop a coupe is that they've canned the f-bodies.

So are we going to see a Subaru 'SVX' and a nearly identical Firebird/Camaro/Trans-Am?

:O

RRX 05-10-2002 08:00 AM

I doubt it would look like a firebird/camaro. Its supposed to be designed by someone in Europe i believe. Now maybe they'll have more cash to work with and give it some real power. I had posted this artical last month. Hopefully it will come true

Mr. Pockets 05-10-2002 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RRX
I doubt it would look like a firebird/camaro. Now maybe they'll have more cash to work with and give it some real power. I had posted this artical last month
I didn't say it would look like a Camaro. I brought up the possibility of an 'SVX' rebadged as a Camaro.

RRX 05-10-2002 08:20 AM

My bad, i Posted a similar artical but not this one. I was saying that the artical stated they hired the guy who designed the Alfo Romero's to design the new Subaru. So i don't think it will have a GM name it. I hope they wouldn't do that. I think it might be a good thing subaru has more funds to work with.

Mr. Pockets 05-10-2002 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RRX
My bad, i Posted a similar artical but not this one. I was saying that the artical stated they hired the guy who designed the Alfo Romero's to design the new Subaru. So i don't think it will have a GM name it. I hope they wouldn't do that. I think it might be a good thing subaru has more funds to work with.
I absolutely agree. GM may get some technology out of it, but the rest of their cars' components are still garbage.

And what the hell is GM doing, anyway? They invest in Subaru to get their AWD and at the same time are paying Toyota to rebadge Matrixes into Vibes. I don't know if GM has their own AWD setup, but now they have two others - Toyota's and Subaru's. Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyway, now may be a good time to do a new 'SVX.' Subaru actually has a little notoriety as a performance car manufacturer.

But, still, I agree with the statement 'I'll believe it when I see it.'

Aredubjay 05-10-2002 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RRX
The latest and hotttest Alfa Romeo was designed by . . . Giorgietto Giugiaro. :D

Aredubjay 05-10-2002 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
And what the hell is GM doing, anyway? They invest in Subaru to get their AWD and at the same time are paying Toyota to rebadge Matrixes into Vibes. I don't know if GM has their own AWD setup, but now they have two others - Toyota's and Subaru's. Makes perfect sense to me.

The "technology swapping" among auto manufacturers is running rampant. I was talking to someone at the Reading Meet (can't remember who it was) who gave me a bit of information. Ever notice how nice the paint is on the Hyundai? Can you believe they use the same paint/processes as Mercedes? Seems that Hyundai produces the robotics for the Mercedes paint lines. Part of the deal from Hyundai was to allow them to use the Mercedes process on their auto lines. So, who knows, they may bring back the Yugo with a Lambo V-12. :D

I_Alcyone_I 05-10-2002 02:08 PM

hopefully the only similarity between it and the svx will be the luxury sports title.

EverclearAtMSU 05-10-2002 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by I_Alcyone_I
hopefully the only similarity between it and the svx will be the luxury sports title.
i'd be really mad if i saw some car coming off the line, esp. the gm line, called the svx!

Keep in mind, gm did re-release the thunderbird or whatever it's called and its selling really well. Maybe subbie will do the same, or maybe it'll take them a while longer to get over the denial of the svx. <~~ that would boost our cars value by a lot ;) esp. if they are in original condion (that's for you stock boy)

SVXCH 05-10-2002 03:37 PM

New SVX???

Ok, if they really will do in the future a new "SVX", the only, what will be the same is the name.

The SVX what we drive is THE SVX. Nothing else can be a SVX.
Not in the past, now or later.

If there is new coupe coming from Subaru, then let's pray to god, that GM has not to much the fingers inside. Only see the bad results from Opel Cars (GM) here in Europe and much unhappy clients!

Kusi

Landshark 05-10-2002 05:21 PM

yeah, hopefully this "new SVX" won't be a hit with the public, and a few years later i can buy one dirt cheap! i love the oddball cars that no one knows about or likes. Porsche 928S4...$68,000 in 1987, $17,000 in 1998. Subaru SVX...$36,000(?) in 1997, $14,000 in 2002. if there is a new SVX, i hope the critics destroy it and consumers ignore it.
:D

SVXphile 05-10-2002 08:39 PM

New Alfa...

<The latest and hotttest Alfa Romeo was designed by . . . Giorgietto Giugiaro>

...and it is one of the most gorgeous bodies I have ever seen on a car.. (drool) :) Don