The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Audio/Video/Nav/Security (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Subwoofers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39205)

bcpianoman 06-02-2007 11:10 PM

Subwoofers

5 Attachment(s)
Now I know why it costs so much to have these built. This was my first attempt at fibreglass work. They don't fit as well as the professionally built ones but they work.

Would I do it again? Not on your life!

92svx95 06-02-2007 11:53 PM

good job,,, out of curiousity how many hrs did you spend?

bcpianoman 06-03-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92svx95
good job,,, out of curiousity how many hrs did you spend?

Probably about 25 to 30 hours - most of it ten minutes at a time.

Romantt8 06-03-2007 09:29 AM

Looks great. I am going to start building mine soon. How heavy are the boxes without subs installed?

bcpianoman 06-03-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romantt8
Looks great. I am going to start building mine soon. How heavy are the boxes without subs installed?

The first one I made is about eight pounds but I made it heavier than I needed to. The second one is about five pounds.

Romantt8 06-03-2007 09:12 PM

Thats great, a lot lighter than I thought. I will be trying to keep the weight down with the setup I will be building. This is good inspiration for me.

Crazy_pilot 06-03-2007 09:36 PM

Looks great! I'll probably be putting a couple 10" subs in mine. I was thinking of just going the plain old box in trunk setup, but this might be better. Any chance you'd feel like making a how-to on it?

ensteele 06-04-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
Looks great! I'll probably be putting a couple 10" subs in mine. I was thinking of just going the plain old box in trunk setup, but this might be better. Any chance you'd feel like making a how-to on it?

If you do, send it to me and I will put it in there. :)

bcpianoman 06-04-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot

I think that would be like the blind trying to lead the blind. I just made up techniques as I went along. Those techniques would be laughable to people who know what they were doing.

It would be nice if someone on this board who was experienced in fiberglass work would do a write-up though.

YourConfused 06-04-2007 10:37 PM

Last month I put 4 10" in the spare tire well. I've done around 20 systems over the last 15 yrs, and this is in the top 10% as far as SQ goes. I went for low profile and light weight using AL, S.S., and fiberglass. I want to do a how-to since I took about 105 pics of the whole install but haven't had time. I am curious what the back side of your pods looks like. What amp you sport'n? Is it tight? Looks like you have quite small enclosures for the subs. What's your cf?
BTW, great fit!